Tuesday, February 5, 2013

Vegan baked spaghetti and very sick younglings


This was my first time using the Daiya mozz-style cheese, and it tastes pretty awesome. It doesn't brown up like dairy cheese, but we traded that for NO grease pools on top, which is fantastic. Who says vegans don't eat comfort food? (In case anyone is wondering, spaghetti got pushed to tonight since last night all my kids wanted to eat was a sleeve of saltines and I had to stay glued to Gwen with a bowl. More on that soon.)

This particular pasta has a ton of vegetables in them, and the dish itself has fresh mushrooms and spinach all throughout. I typically grate a carrot in this as well, but I just didn't have the time (or energy) tonight.

Now... I'm hoping that my kids liking it doesn't come back to bite me in the butt here in a little bit. Gwen is coughing so hard that she didn't keep ANYTHING down yesterday, and David almost did the same thing today. They both sound so terrible... And there isn't much that can be done about it.

At least there is good news on the weight-front. I wasn't sure if the "125 lbs" thing was just a fluke low for me or if I had actually met that weight and could maintain it. I'm glad to report that without changing my eating habits at all, I have maintained 125. This is huge for me since my biggest issue has always been maintenance.

That's it for today. Gwen is currently carrying a bowl around because she has gotten so used to throwing up into it, haha... this is my new reality for the next few days!

P.S. Slathering the soles of your feet with Vicks and then covering them with socks at night WORKS-- Gwen "rested" much better last night, almost entirely cough-free. Sooooo doing it again tonight.

No comments:

Post a Comment