Thursday, January 31, 2013

Reaching goals and planning meals

So... I stepped on the scale this morning, and it read 125. I stepped on it three different times on three different tiles in the bathroom to make sure it wasn't off due to the floor or anything... nope. 125. I've been trying to reach this goal for a year now. I weighed 124 last March, but I wasn't eating healthy and it showed in my face/skin/etc. Since then, my weight fluctuated a great deal. I even saw it get back up to about 140 after July 4th... um, no thanks. So hitting 125 is FANTASTIC. From here, I'll be happy if I maintain or lose a little bit more. Either works. Losing more might be ideal, considering that once I start taking exercise seriously again, I will likely gain some muscle. Either way, I'm happy!

Now... I weighed 131 on average when I started to omit animal proteins. I have lost six lbs in one month in a HEALTHY way. Yay :D

Now for the "planning meals" part: I told Phil last night that we're going to start having the same meal plan every week until I A) learn a good routine with grad school/David's sports/etc. or B) have more time. Basically, forever, lol. This is what our meal plan looks like:

Monday: Spaghetti (loaded up with spinach, mushrooms, carrots, zucchini, etc.)
Tuesday: Enchilada night with dressed-up brown rice on the side
Wednesday: Pizza night (Daiya mozz, eggless/milkless crusts)
Thursday: Veggie burgers and a side-- tonight it's vegetarian baked beans
Friday: Soup night
Saturday: Leftover soup and sandwiches
Sunday: Stir-fry (sometimes with tofu) night

Breakfasts are always multigrain oatmeal with coconut milk, vegan granola bars, oat bran, dry cereal with soy/coconut milk, etc... Lunches typically consist of sandwiches/wraps, baked sweet potatoes, peas or broccoli, veggie dogs, etc...

We have a TON of variety with that meal plan, so that we won't get tired. Plus, it makes for a cheap grocery bill-- $61 today, and that's with buying a ton of produce and another tub of Earth Balance ($5+)! Losing weight and saving money-- ethical reasons aside, why WOULDN'T people want to eat this way!?

No comments:

Post a Comment